For water or wastewater emergencies, call (813) 744-5600
Customers who have experienced a high water bill due to a plumbing leak, may be eligible for a leak adjustment review.
Things to Consider
- Leaks must be repaired before an adjustment will be considered and must have proof of repair
- Usage is at least twice the average consumption during the last year
- Has not received a leak adjustment in the past year
- Has had at least 3 months service at the premise
- Usage has returned to normal on the monthly read following the repairs
- Adjustments will not be considered in cases where excessive water use is due to landscaping (including new or replacement sod), garden hose, spigot/faucet leaks, an alternative water source cross connection (irrigation well or on-site pond), or any repair associated with swimming pool
- Any adjustments will be applied to your account against future bills
- Repair verification may be required before an adjustment will be issued. You will receive written confirmation of your adjustment status within 60 days
- The customer is responsible for all billings until receipt of written notification of leak adjustment or denial
Your water account must be at a current balance status prior to leak application review. If your current balance exceeds an average monthly payment, the Utility may offer a reasonable pay extension. A reasonable pay extension requires a 30% down payment and an agreement to pay current billing amounts until review process is complete.
To request a reasonable pay extension, contact Customer Collection Services at (813) 272-5977 ext. 43800.
- Complete the online form providing details about the leak and how repairs were made.
- Complete the form, print it and mail to:
Hillsborough County Public Utilities – PUD Accounting
332 N Falkenburg Rd
Tampa, Florida 33619