Backflow assemblies allow potable water to move in only one direction to the point of delivery, preventing contaminated water from re-entering our drinking water.
I am a property owner - do I have to get my backflow assembly tested?
- All property owners who have a backflow assembly must have it tested annually per regulations
- You must test your backflow assemblies using only a registered Hillsborough County certified tester
- View the registered Hillsborough County certified testers list
What if the test fails?
- You are responsible for repairing or replacing any backflow preventers that fail to meet performance standards
Contact the Cross-Connection Control Unit if you have any questions regarding the requirements for the repair or replacement of your backflow preventer
- You must notify the County within 48 hours of any backflow preventer assembly that fails a test
I am a certified tester - how do I submit test results?
If you are a certified tester you can click the button to use our online form to easily submit your test results instantly.
Online Backflow Test Form (preferred method)
You can download the PDF version of the form and fax, mail, or scan and email the results in.
- This PDF is fillable and may not work with many browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.) - if you have issues with the PDF form, do one of the following:
- Use the online test form and submit it instantly online - this method works with all browsers, and does not need to be downloaded, scanned, emailed, faxed, or mailed
- Try using the Internet Explorer browser to open the PDF
- Download the form to your computer and open it up with a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- If you use the PDF form, submit test and maintenance results by one of the following methods:
- Scan and email
- Fax: (813) 635-1612
Cross-Connection Control Unit
P.O. Box 89547
Tampa, FL 33689-040
For more information, please contact our Water Resources department at (813) 272-6680 or email the Cross-Connection Control Unit.