Hillsborough County Public Utilities and the City of Tampa Water Department cordially invite students in the School District of Hillsborough County to participate in our "Drop Savers" poster contest.
Students in grades K-12 are encouraged to create a poster depicting a water conservation idea, in slogan form, drawing form, or both, focusing on the importance of water conservation. We feel that our best opportunity to conserve water is through a long-range education and awareness program, and what better way than to begin with our young people.
2019 entries closedEach school has chosen their first place winning posters and sent them to the judging panel. We will announce the winners in May 2019.
- Students must work individually
- Work medium includes crayons, paint, color pencils, or markers
- Only original artwork is allowed
- No trademarked or copyrighted materials
- A panel of judges review winning posters from each school for message, creativity, and originality
Posters are designated under one of the following categories:
- Division 1: K - 1st grade
- Division 2: 2nd - 3rd grade
- Division 3: 4th - 5th grade
- Division 4: 6th - 8th grade
- Division 5: 9th - 12th grade
The winning students’ schools will be awarded bottle-filling water stations, and 100 reusable water bottles
- Bottle-filling stations save money because students don’t need to buy single-use bottles of water, and they help the environment by eliminating plastic bottles from the waste stream
- Winning posters will appear on Hillsborough County and the City of Tampa Drop Saver pages.
- Winners’ posters will be submitted in the American Water Works Association’s Florida Section competition, with more prizes and statewide recognition on the line
Drop Savers past winners
Check out the winners from past contests:
- First Place - Division 1 (Kindergarten and First Grade)
Carolina Castellvi - 1st Grade at Christ the King Catholic School
- First Place - Division 2 (Second and Third Grade)
Zoey Cornell - 3rd Grade at Yates Elementary
- First Place - Division 3 (Fourth and Fifth Grade)
Arely Martin - 5th Grade at Wimauma Elementary
- First Place - Division 5 (High School - Nine, Ten, Eleven and Twelve Grade)
Charlotte Yang - 11th Grade at Plant City High School