Hillsborough County Public Utilities and the City of Tampa Water Department cordially invite students in the School District of Hillsborough County to participate in our "Drop Savers" poster contest.
Students in grades K-12 are encouraged to create a poster depicting a water conservation idea, in slogan form, drawing form, or both, focusing on the importance of water conservation. We feel that our best opportunity to conserve water is through a long-range education and awareness program, and what better way than to begin with our young people.
Want to participate?
- Come up with a creative drawing, slogan, or both, that gets the water conservation message out there
- Download the entry form
- Print out the first page on 8-1/2 x 11" paper and the second page on 8-1/2 x 14" paper
- Grab your art supplies and create your idea above the dashed line
- Enter your information on the form at the bottom
- Cut the form at the dashed line and tape it to the back of your picture
- Submit it to your school
Schools will choose a first place winning poster from each grade division, then submit the winning entries to the judging panel before the deadline on March 1, 2019.
Posters will be designated under one of the following categories:
- Division 1: K - 1st grade
- Division 2: 2nd - 3rd grade
- Division 3: 4th - 5th grade
- Division 4: 6th - 8th grade
- Division 5: 9th - 12th grade
Students must work individually and may use crayons, paint, color pencils, or markers. Only original artwork is allowed — no trademarked or copyrighted materials. A panel of judges will review winning posters from each school for message, creativity, and originality.
The winning students’ schools will be awarded bottle-filling water stations, and 100 reusable water bottles
- Bottle-filling stations save money because students don’t need to buy single-use bottles of water, and they help the environment by eliminating plastic bottles from the waste stream
- Winning posters will appear on Hillsborough County and the City of Tampa Drop Saver pages.
- Winners’ posters will be submitted in the American Water Works Association’s Florida Section competition, with more prizes and statewide recognition on the line
Drop Savers Poster Contest Winners
Check out the winners from past contests:
- First Place - Division 1 (Kindergarten and First Grade)
Carolina Castellvi - 1st Grade at Christ the King Catholic School
- First Place - Division 2 (Second and Third Grade)
Zoey Cornell - 3rd Grade at Yates Elementary
- First Place - Division 3 (Fourth and Fifth Grade)
Arely Martin - 5th Grade at Wimauma Elementary
- First Place - Division 5 (High School - Nine, Ten, Eleven and Twelve Grade)
Charlotte Yang - 11th Grade at Plant City High School