Year-round conservation measures limit lawn watering to a maximum of twice per week. Depending on weather conditions, your yard may need less water than you think.
|Addresses ending in 0, 1, 2 or 3||Mondays and Thursdays|
|Addresses ending in 4, 5 or 6||Tuesdays and Fridays|
|Addresses ending in 7, 8 or 9||Wednesdays and Saturdays|
Locations with no address (common areas) and locations with mixed addresses (such as office complexes)
|Wednesdays and Saturdays|
Please note: Water use restrictions are subject to change in response to local and regional water supply conditions.
All watering must be done before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m., and only once on your designated days.
Hand-watering and low-volume irrigation of plant material other than lawns or turfgrass may be done on any day and at any time.
New Sod and Landscaping
All watering of new sod and landscaping must be done before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m. An irrigation system zone can only be operated if the new sod or plant material covers at least 50 percent of that zone.
- New sod and landscaping may be watered on any day for the first 30 days
- On days 31-60, new sod and landscaping may be watered approximately every other day: even-numbered addresses on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
- Odd-numbered addresses, locations with no address and locations with mixed addresses on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
Decorative Fountains, Car Washing, Pressure Washing
- Use reclaimed water for irrigation any day of the week, but it is prohibited between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM
- Use reclaimed water for irrigation of lawns, gardens, and individual plants
- Do not allow ponding or run-off from your reclaimed water system
For More Information
- For more detailed information on water restrictions visit the following websites:
- For questions about Hillsborough County's water use restrictions, call the Water Conservation Team at (813) 663-3295, during regular business hours
- For a recorded summary of water use restrictions, call the Watering Restriction Information Line at (813) 275-7094
- For questions about a citation or warning, call Code Enforcement at (813) 224-8993, during regular business hours
Water Use Restrictions Enforcement
Hillsborough County Code Enforcement regularly enforces county ordinances for year-round watering restrictions. Observed violations may result in citations starting at $100.
To report properties which are not following adhering to watering restrictions, call the Water Conservation Hotline at (813) 224-8993 or report online. Before reporting, be sure to get:
- the address where the watering is occurring,
- the date and time, and
- the type of violation (irrigation at wrong date/time, broken sprinkler head, watering on the road/sidewalk).