Use this legend to understand your new bill:
A. This is your Hillsborough County utility account number. Customers sending a payment online without the pay-stub will need to indicate this account number when processing their payment.
B. The due date is the date that your bill is due on, or before.
C. The service address charges breaks down and totals all the charges outlined in your utility bill.
D. This is the total amount due, including past due charges from previous billing cycles, recent payments and adjustments.
E. This easy-to-read graph provides 13 months of usage history. This information is helpful for conservation purposes, and in alerting you to possible excessive usage.
F. You will find a detachable stub located at the bottom of your utility bill. Detach this stub and return it with your payment. Indicate changes in mailing address and other contact information on the back of this stub.
G. Be sure to check the reverse of the bill for payment options and other relevant information.
Service address charges definitions:
- Customer Service Charge - covers routine customer services like meter reading, account maintenance, and billing.
- Purchase Water Pass-Thru - charged based on the cost of water purchased by the County from regional supplies.
- Water Base Charge - covers cost of providing water like personnel and operating, that are not related to the amount of water produced or treated.
- Water Consumption Charge - cost of producing and treating water, billed per 1,000 gallons of metered water flow.
- Sewer Base Charge - covers costs for providing wastewater like personnel and operating, that are not related to the amount of wastewater treated and disposed.
- Sewer Usage Charge - cost of treating and disposing of wastewater, billed per 1,000 gallons of metered flow.
If you have questions about your bill, please call Customer Service at (813) 272-6680