To ensure qualified nonprofit agencies impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic receive the support they need to continue serving local residents, Hillsborough County has partnered with Community Foundation Tampa Bay to launch and administer an American Rescue Plan-funded Nonprofit Safety Net Program.
Approved nonprofit agencies may use awarded funds to offset revenue losses or cover incurred, unplanned costs resulting from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. There is no minimum revenue amount required to be considered for financial assistance under this program.
To qualify, a nonprofit agency must meet all the criteria below:
- Physically located within Hillsborough County, including the cities of Tampa, Plant City, and Temple Terrace;
- Provide COVID-19 impacted Hillsborough County residents essential safety net services covering housing stability services, congregate living safety services, medical services, food services, elder care services, training and adult education services, mental health services, and childcare and education services;
- Active, open, and operating (in person or virtually);
- Registered as a 501(c)(3) for one full calendar year prior to applying for the award;
- Fully licensed as a nonprofit, and up to date on tax payments/filings to include a recently filed IRS Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N no later than 2019 or an independently audited financial statement from the most recently completed fiscal year;
- Directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in at least one of the following manners:
- lost revenue due to pandemic-based causes, e.g., due to shutdowns, lost sponsorships, inability to hold fundraising events;
- incurred unplanned costs to comply with safety and health standards and/or reopening requirements, e.g., modifying facilities for social distancing;
- incurred unplanned costs for new programming designed to assist those disparately impacted by the pandemic and its economic effects;
- incurred unplanned costs for technology to enable virtual work
- Must provide a narrative explaining the impact of COVID-19 on the nonprofit’s operations;
- Must attest to not using requested funds for the same costs for which previously received County CARES Act awards were used; and,
- Must not have received or have been approved to receive County ARP funding via a separate initiative, project, or program
Visit Community Foundation Tampa Bay Safety Net Program for the online application portal, complete program guidelines and full eligibility criteria (applications are now being accepted).
Financial assistance will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis while funding remains available. Nonprofit organizations should complete their applications as soon as possible and before program funding is exhausted.
Hillsborough County American Rescue Plan Investment Plan
The Hillsborough County American Rescue Plan Investment Plan, approved by the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) on Sept. 1, 2021, provides a framework for investing the $285 million in federal Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds in the community.
Hillsborough County’s Nonprofit Safety Net Program administered by Community Foundation Tampa Bay is one of the programs funded under the Hillsborough County American Rescue Plan Investment Plan.
Community Foundation Tampa Bay
Founded in 1990, Community Foundation Tampa Bay connects donors, nonprofits, community and business leaders, professional advisors, volunteers and residents to make the maximum positive impact in the Tampa Bay region.