Hillsborough County Development Services remains open for business following the Hillsborough Emergency Policy Group’s Safer At Home Order. In an effort to continue service while complying with all local, state, and federal public health mandates, Development Services will be temporarily be scaling back operations.
Land Use Hearings have resumed, however due to ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19, they are being held in a hybrid format with both a convenient virtual participation option and an in-person participation option available. Virtual participation through communications media is an effective alternative that will help protect the safety of the public and staff while still affording the public a voice in land use matters. In-person participation is also available, however procedures and format may differ from traditional hearings. Please visit HCFLGov.net/SpeakUp for additional information.
Service ChangesPlease be advised that the following service changes remain in effect until further notice:
- Most applications and documents can be submitted online using Digital Drop-Off. Visit HCFLGov.net/DigitalDropOff for more information
- If you have documents that are not being accepted digitally, Document drop-off stations are available on the first floor of Pierce St Garage (319 Pierce St.) and at the South Shore Regional Service Center Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM. For your convenience, you may download the required drop-off form online and completed in advance, if possible. You will receive a confirmation via email within no more than 3 business days along with follow up instructions. Visit HCFLGov.net/DigitalDropoff to learn which documents are still being physically accepted.
- All in-person consultations and transactions are suspended. Customers may continue to call or email Development Services for service consultations and support.
- Credit card payments are preferred with multiple options available. Payment instructions will be sent via email when payment is due.
- Permit Pickup instructions will be provided via email once your permit is ready.
- Inspections will continue on a case-by-case basis to comply with CDC guidelines and all local, state, and federal mandates.
For additional assistance, please call (813) 272-5600.
- Building Permits - Email Permitting@HCFLGov.net
- TCO/CO Information - Email Elecreleases_CO@HCFLGov.net
- Impact Fees - Email ImpactFees@HCFLGov.net
- Contractor Licensing - Email Licensing@HCFLGov.net or call (813) 272-5600 option 4
- Site and Subdivision - Email SitePlanAdminTasks@HCFLGov.net or call (813) 272-5600 option 2, then 5
- Natural Resources - Email NaturalResources@HCFLGov.net or call (813) 272-5600 Option 2, then 1
- Right-of-Way - Email GomezE@HCFLGov.net
- Utilities - Email GoodwinG@HCFLGov.net
- Stormwater - Email CabreraR@HCFLGov.net
- Zoning Counseling - Visit www.HCFLGov.net/ZoningHelp
- Zoning Applications & Intake - Email ZoningIntake-DSD@HCFLGov.net