The Great American Teach-In is November 17, 2022.
Fill out our online application to request for a fire apparatus visit for that day, or any day that week.Every effort will be made to accommodate your school’s request, however there are limited time slots.
Engine Demo information
Our fire apparatus are available for up to 45 minutes at your school; however, they remain in-service. If an emergency occurs within that engine’s territory, they must leave to respond. This may also affect arrival times, if the engine is returning from an emergency call.Please have an alternate plan in case this should occur.
During the 45-minute demo, our firefighters will discuss different topics ranging from a “day in the life” of a firefighter, the gear they wear during a fire and/or the importance of having an escape plan in case of a fire.
Important tips regarding your request
- Engine requests will be filled on a first-received, first-served basis.
- Designate one main point of contact and an alternative contact. If we have any questions, these will be the individuals we would communicate with
- If staff/faculty contact us from your school, we will have them refer any questions to their designated contacts
- Before requesting times, consider your school’s dismissal time
- Reminder: Monday - Wednesday and Friday during the week of the teach-in are available to request
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 16, 2022.
Schools will be notified of their request status via email during the week of October 10, 2022. Please do not call or email prior to this date inquiring of your school’s status.
If you have any questions, please email our team at HCFRPublicRelations@HCFLGov.net.