The Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Foundation's Chief Alan D. Anderson Summer Youth Fire Academy offers students in Hillsborough County an exciting opportunity to learn what it takes to be a first responder. Over two weeks, students will be exposed to careers in firefighting and emergency medicine through hands-on and classroom activities. Are you ready to be a cadet?
Applicants must be high school students or graduating seniors between the ages of 14 and 18. A panel will review applications and make final selections based on class size.
We are now accepting applications for the Summer Youth Fire Academy. Deadline for applications is Monday, April 12, 2021.
- The academy is a free program, courtesy of the Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Foundation.
- Materials including uniforms, lunches, snacks, water, and sports drinks are provided each day.
- Students are provided uniform shirt, pants, boots, belt, and a hat. These are expected to be clean each day.
- Transportation is not be provided.
- Attendance is mandatory for orientation, all class days, and graduation.
- History of the Fire Service
- Fire Ground Operations
- Hands Only CPR and First Aid
- Use of Firefighting Bunker Gear
- Ropes and Knots
- Fire Behavior
- Ladder Climb
- Water Safety
- Public Education
- Emergency Dispatch