Register for the After School Program
We offer after school programs at various locations throughout the County. You can register your child for the traditional after school program or the adaptive recreation program for kids with special needs.
Due to COVID-19, Parks & Recreation has made changes to its after-school program to ensure the health and safety of its kids and staff, including reducing the number of spots available and only allowing grades K through 5th.
Priority Registration Dates
Monday, June 21 at noon
Open Registration Dates
Saturday, July 10 at noon
After-School Program changes include the following:
- Parks staff will wear face coverings when social distancing is not possible. After-school participants will be encouraged to follow the same protocol.
- Daily health/temperature checks will be performed on each participant and each staff member.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at each location, and intensive cleaning protocols will be in place.
- After-school participants will be broken into groups to minimize contact with others; staff will stay with the same group of children each day. Any shared objects will be washed after each use, nightly, and on the weekends.
- Each site will have designated contactless pickup and drop off areas.
- $76 every two weeks- Full rate
- $60 every two weeks - With current REDUCED school lunch letter
- $40 every two weeks - With current FREE school lunch letter
After school care takes place at recreation centers around the county for grades K-5. Find registration and capacity status information.
- *All People's Life Center
- Egypt Lake Recreation Center
- Emanuel P. Johnson Recreation Center
- *Gardenville Recreation Center
- *Jackson Springs Recreation Center
- Kenly Recreation Center - New
- Mango Recreation Center
- *Northdale Recreation Center
- *Ruskin Recreation Center
- Roy Haynes Recreation Center
- Thonotosassa Recreation Center
- Westchase Recreation Center
* indicates inclusion site
Adaptive Recreation Only After School Program Locations
- We provide a general after school programs for children in grades K-5 at various recreation centers around the County
- We also offer adaptive after school program called Camp Sparks for those with disabilities as well as an inclusion program at select sites
- All programs follow the Hillsborough County School District calendar
- The programs are also available for the following Camp Days:
- early release days
- non-student/teacher planning days
- fall, winter, and spring breaks
Things To Consider
- Prior to registration, you must establish an online Parks & Recreation account to sign up for after school programs
- The fee is due at registration
- If your child has a current reduced or free lunch letter, you may qualify for a fee reduction
- You must submit a copy of the lunch letter to an after school center or Camp Sparks location prior to registration
- Camp Days (student holidays) are included with enrollment and participation
- Create or sign into your online parks and recreation account
- Select your location and the type of program
- Complete registration