Request Special Event Space


Jump to:



You can submit an application to hold a special event at a local Hillsborough County Park.

The completed special event application must be received a minimum of 90 days prior to your event date.

Organized gatherings (no matter the size), such as, weddings, runs, receptions, tournaments, parties, etc. are prohibited on all Hillsborough County nature preserves. They are permitted in other County parks and sports complexes.

Please allow 5 to 7 business days from the time of submission for the application process to be initiated (excluding weekends and holidays.)



A special event is a pre-planned single gathering, event or series of events open to the public. These can include a block party, walk/run, or cultural festival.


All payments for the event must be paid upon event approval. Reservation will not be complete without payment. Total fees will be determined once the application is received.

  • See fee structure
  • $200 + tax - Green Space also applies to special events

Things To Consider

  • To proceed in organizing a special event, a Special Events Permit is required
  • The Special Events Permit Application is due at least 90 days and not more than 365 days prior to a proposed event date. A delay in submitting an application for permit could result in availability of staffing, or the application may not be approved.
  • Submitting an application does not guarantee approval. All events must go through an approval process. Once the event is approved the organization will be sent a usage-permit letter stipulating the terms of the agreement. A copy of the letter must be kept onsite at the time of the event.
  • Liability insurance is a requirement for all events that are held on Hillsborough County Property
  • A special event does not include any activities on private property
  • There should be no advertising, promotion or staging of a special event without a conditional approval
  • No petting zoos, riding, exotic, or dangerous animals
  • Only approved vendors are allowed on site. Vendor must be noted in Special Event application. See list of bounce house vendors that have up to date insurance and are approved by the county. You must still disclose if you are using one of these vendors.
  • Alcohol is not permitted at event with the exception of non-profits events. If your organization meets the criteria and you will be serving alcohol, please indicate so and follow the instructions on the Special Event Application.
  • No Special Events or Vendors are permitted at Pebble Park and the Apollo Beach Nature Preserve

How To

  1. Complete the online application
  2. If applying for special event with alcohol, you must provide a copy of the Temporary Alcohol Permit 

What's Next

Your application will go through approval process and you will be contacted if event is approved, including insurance requirements, and fees.

Get Help

(813) 635-3510

Get Started