Get up, get out, and discover Hillsborough County's wild side during the Hiking Spree! Take a solo trip into the tranquility of nature, or hike with friends and make it a healthy and fun group activity. Each trail is a unique way to explore outdoor Florida and earn your very own prize.Register for Hiking Spree
Dedicated Hiking Spree Trails
Conservation Parks - Mid-range, well-maintained paths and trails Lettuce Lake Conservation Park Edward Medard Conservation Park Lake Rogers Conservation Park Flatwoods Conservation Park Upper Tampa Bay Conservation Park
Nature Preserves - No facilities, subject to daily conditions Apollo Beach Nature Preserve Lake Dan Nature Preserve Bell Creek Nature Preserve Cypress Creek Nature Preserve Golden Aster Scrub Nature Preserve Blackwater Creek Nature Preserve
State Parks Alafia River State Park Little Manatee River State Park
Due to constantly changing weather conditions, trails may have partial closures or extremely muddy conditions that may not be posted on the website. For the most up-to-date trail conditions, please call the park, look for signage at the park, or text "Park name update" (Example: Brooker Creek update) to (813) 853-1177.Park & Trail Closures
Hiking Spree Details
How it works
The Hiking Spree
Participants may hike on their own, with a group, or through one of our guided park staff hikes. Some sites have entrance and parking fees. Hikers may repeat any trail twice for credit, as long as the hikes occur on different dates.
- Register for the Hiking Spree for free - you must be registered to receive your prize at the end
- Download the 2021 Hiking Spree printable trail list and keep track of which trails you hike
- Complete a minimum of eight designated trails between Nov. 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- When you're done, complete the online hiking completion form
- Mail your printed confirmation email along with a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Bell Creek Administrative Offices, Attn: Hiking Spree, 10940 McMullen Road, Riverview, FL 33569. Delivery of your prize(s) can take up to 45 days.
- Bring your confirmation email (printed or digital) to one of the following locations to pick your prize up in person.
- All Peoples Life Center, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Gardenville Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Jackson Springs Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Roy Haynes Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Ruskin Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Westchase Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.