Get up, get out, and discover Hillsborough County's wild side during the Hiking Spree! Take a solo trip into the tranquility of nature, or hike with friends and make it a healthy and fun group activity. Each trail is a unique way to explore outdoor Florida and earn your very own prize.Register for Hiking Spree
Dedicated Hiking Spree Trails
Neighborhood Parks and Recreation Centers - Short, paved-trails with water and facilities
Conservation Parks - Mid-range, well-maintained paths and trails
Nature Preserves - No facilities, subject to daily condition
- Alafia River Corridor South Preserve
- Bahia Beach Nature Preserve
- Bell Creek Nature Preserve
- Blackwater Creek Nature Preserve
- Lake Frances Nature Preserve
- Lower Green Swamp Nature Preserve
Due to constantly changing weather conditions, trails may have partial closures or extremely muddy conditions that may not be posted on the website. For the most up-to-date trail conditions, please call the park, look for signage at the park, or text "Park name update" (Example: Bahia Beach update) to (813) 853-1177.Park & Trail Closures
Hiking Spree Details
How it works
The Hiking Spree
Participants may hike on their own, with a group, or through one of our guided park staff hikes. Some sites have entrance and parking fees. Hikers may repeat any trail twice for credit, as long as the hikes occur on different dates.
- Register for the Hiking Spree for free - you must be registered to receive your prize at the end
- Download the 2022 Hiking Spree printable trail list and keep track of which trails you hike
- Complete a minimum of eight designated trails between Nov. 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
- When you're done, complete the online hiking completion form
- Mail your printed confirmation email along with a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Bell Creek Administrative Offices, Attn: Hiking Spree, 10940 McMullen Road, Riverview, FL 33569. Delivery of your prize(s) can take up to 45 days.
- In-person collection - Bring your confirmation email to the front desk staff at one of the following locations during center hours: