Think you’ve got what it takes to learn how to ollie, kickflip or drop-in? Then you should visit one of our three skate parks located around our county.
Admission is free. The parks are staffed with people who are passionate about skateboarding.
Skate park locations and hours
Level 1 -Apollo Beach Skate Park - (813) 744-5319
- Best park for beginners, but still fun for intermediate and advanced
Level 1 -FishHawk Skate Park - (813) 671-7635
- Designed for beginner and intermediate skaters
Level 1 - Carrollwood Village Skate Park - (813) 264-8956
- Best park for beginners and intermediate skaters.
Level 2 -Jackson Springs Skate Park - (813) 554-5004
- Designed for intermediate skaters, but beginners and advanced are welcome
Level 3 -Providence Skate Park - (813) 744-5319
- Designed for intermediate and advanced skaters, but beginners will have fun too
Hours of operation (unless otherwise noted)
- Monday - Saturday, 10 AM to 9 PM
- Sunday, Noon to 6 PM
The skate parks will be closed on the following holidays in 2020:
- New Years day (Jan. 1)
- Independence day (July 4)
- Thanksgiving (Nov. 26)
- Christmas eve and Christmas (Dec. 24 and 25)
Skate park rules and regulations
- Skateboards and in-line skates only
- The skate park is used by inexperienced and experienced skate board riders and inline skaters alike
- Serious injury may occur from colliding with other riders, falling on the concrete surface and from flying objects
- Use of skateboards and in-line skates is an inherent risk and Hillsborough Ccounty Parks & Recreation department (HCPRD) does not assume responsibility for injuries
- Use of the facility is at your own risk. (Florida Statute 316.0085)
- All skaters must check in at the front desk for entry into the skate park
- Unlawful entry into the facility will result in a trespassing citation and suspension from the facility
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
- Helmets are recommended for all, but required for participants 17 and under
- Elbow and knee pads are recommended for all, but are required for skaters 12 and younger
- The following are not permitted:
- Smokeless Tobacco
- Drug Use / Possession
- Alcohol Possession / Consumption
- Food and Drinks (in skating area)
- Personal Amplified Music
- Glass Containers
- Weapons Of Any Kind
- Skate Wax
- BMX Bikes or Bicycles Of Any Type
- Rip Sticks, Scooters, Motorized Skateboards
- Horseplay, fighting and profanity is not permitted at the park
- No graffiti
- Graffiti removal harms your skating surface
- Violators will be banned from the park
HCPRD reserves the right to change the hours of operation as necessary and close the park due to inclement weather, special events and any other reason deemed necessary. The skate park will not be operable when the skating surface is wet.
HCPRD reserves the right to restrict entry to the facility and ask individuals to leave the park without refund if these guidelines are not followed or unsafe behavior is observed.
Please report comments, suggestions or problems to the Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation Department. Phone (813) 744-5319
Skateboard lessons will be offered Nov. 1, 2020 - April 30, 2021. Skateboarding lessons help skaters develop fundamental skills. All skill levels, including beginners, are welcome.
- Apollo Beach Skate Park - Beginner & Advanced
- Jackson Springs Skate Park - Beginner
- Providence Skate Park - All Skill Levels
- Apollo Beach Skate Park
Monday, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Advanced
Friday 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Beginner
- Jackson Springs Skate Park
Thursday, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Youth
Saturday, 4pm - 5pm - Youth
- Providence Skate Park
Tuesday, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Youth
Thursday, 6:30pm - 7:30pm - Teen
Saturday, 10am - 12pm - Youth
Saturday, 1pm - 2pm - Adult
Ages and rules
- Apollo Beach
7 - 12
- Jackson Springs
7 - 12
- Providence Skate Park
Youth - 7 - 12
Teen - 13 - 17
Adult - 18 - 70
- All skaters must have a board
- Helmet recommended for all, but required for 17 and Under.
- Skaters 12 and Under must have a helmet, elbow & knee pads as well as have a parent or guardian with them.
- All lessons are offered and billed monthly at a rate of $5 per hour.
We offer skate camps at Providence Skate Park during winter and spring breaks, as well as camp days when kids are out of school. Registration is available online through your Parks & Rec account.