The annual Tampa Bay Active Life Games are coming up!
We are happy to announce that this year's games will be held October 1 - 14, 2022.
Things to know
- You must be 50 years or older to participate
- Registration will open in July
Week 1 - Oct. 1 - 7
- Saturday, October 1
- Sunday, October 2
- Monday, October 3
- Tuesday, October 4
- Wednesday, October 5
- Thursday, October 6
- 8 AM - Summerfield Crossing - Golf ($25 fee)
- Friday, October 7
Week 2 - Oct. 8 - 14
- Saturday, October 8
- 8 AM - Northlakes Sports Complex - Pickleball - Mixed Doubles
- Sunday, October 9
8:30 AM - Gaither High School- Track & field events
- 50 meter dash
- 100 meter dash
- 200 meter dash
- 400 meter dash
- Standing long jump
- Shot put
- Monday, October 10
1 PM at Brewland's Billiards
- Tuesday, October 11
- Thursday, October 13
- 8 AM - Barksdale Active Adult Center - Horseshoes
- Friday, October 14
- 11 AM - Closing luncheon at University Area Community Complex
- Ticket included if participating in multiple days events, or can be bought separately if participating in a single day
- Saturday, October 8
- The Tampa Bay Active Life Games is a regional qualifier for Florida Senior Games
- The Tampa Bay Active Life Games is supported by Friends of the County Parks
Watch these videos to get inspired!
Do I need to be a Florida Resident to participate in the Tampa Bay
Active Life Games?
No, the Tampa Bay Active Life Games are open to all 50+ athletes. However, is you are using the Tampa Bay Active Life Games to qualify for the Florida State Senior Games, the Florida State Senior Games does require participants to be Florida residents.
How do I qualify for Florida State Senior Games?
In most events, you will need to be in the top five placement of your age group and gender.
What are the dates for Florida State Senior Games?
December 3 - 11 in Greater Ft. Lauderdale area. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 577-7200.
What are the age brackets?
Age brackets are determined by the age the participant is on December 31, 2022. They go 50 -54, 55 - 59, 60 - 64, 65- 69, and so on. If you play with a partner, the age bracket you will compete in is for the youngest partner's age bracket.
What type of track will be used for Track events?
Will there be a starting block for track?
Will Pickleball be played on an indoor or outdoor court?
What type of ball is used for Pickleball?
Franklin X 40 outdoor pickleballs
What happens if I don't have a partner?
We are unable to assign partners. We encourage you to go to your local recreation center and play the sport to find new partners.
How do I sponsor Tampa Bay Active Life Games?
We love our sponsors. If you are interested contact Recreation_Admin@HCFLGov.net for more information.
If you need more information or have questions, click the button below to email us.