Apply for a College Scholarship
Hillsborough County's Community Action Board Scholarship program offers scholarships, worth up to $5,000 each, to eligible students wishing to continue their post-secondary education. The scholarships can be used at trade schools, community colleges, or four-year universities. The scholarships are awarded to students to help alleviate some of the financial burden college tuition creates for many students, so they can focus on furthering their education, not bills.
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a 2023 Community Action Board Scholarship:
2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior)
- The candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County
- The applicant's household income must fall within 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
- Students seeking a master's degree, or a second bachelor's degree do not qualify
Things to Consider
- Application Deadline - Friday, March 24, 2023
Applicants are highly encouraged to read through the full 2023 Guidelines before applying online to ensure all documents and requirements are met.
*Fillable forms may not work correctly with many browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.) - if you have issues with the form, do one of the following:
- Download the form to your computer and open it up with a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download the printable version of the form