Apply for a College Scholarship
One of the biggest challenges young people face is trying to achieve a higher education. This is why the Hillsborough County Department of Social Services, the Community Action Board, and the Community Advisory Committees offer up to $5,000 scholarships to students who meet the certain eligibility requirements.
Check back in January 2020 for more details.
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior)
- The candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County
- The applicant's household income must fall within 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
- Students seeking a master's degree do not qualify
You can submit your application online or in the mail - deadline is April 15, 2019.
- Before completing the online application, download, print and complete the required forms in the appropriate information packet
- Review Checklists in appropriate information packet to ensure all documents are filled out properly. Incomplete documents will not be accepted
- Complete online application
Mail-In/Hand Delivered Applications
- Download, print and complete required forms from the appropriate application below
- Review Checklists in appropriate information packet to ensure all documents are filled out properly. Incomplete documents will not be accepted.
- Mail to Nekeva Johnson, 2103 N. Rome Ave. Tampa, FL 33607
Things to Consider
- Application Deadline - April 15, 2019
- Face-to-Face Eligibility Interviews - March - April 2019
- Selected Finalist Interviews - May 2019
- Scholarship Award Ceremony - June 2019