Apply for a College Scholarship
Hillsborough County's Community Action Board Scholarship program offers scholarships, worth up to $5,000 each, to eligible students wishing to continue their post-secondary education. The scholarships can be used at trade schools, community colleges, or four-year universities. The scholarships are awarded to students to help alleviate some of the financial burden college tuition creates for many students, so they can focus on furthering their education, not bills.
- Students are now able to apply online. Review information packets to ensure all information is ready for online application.
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior)
- The candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County
- The applicant's household income must fall within 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
- Students seeking a master's degree do not qualify
Things to Consider
- Application Available - Monday, January 6
- Application Deadline - Friday, March 13
- Finalist Interviews - May 2020
- Scholarship Award Ceremony - June 2020
- Review information packet for all required information and documents
- Must apply online once all information and documents have been collected.
- Questions about online application or missing information? Call (813) 272-5074 ext. 55423.