Apply for a College Scholarship
Hillsborough County's Community Action Board Scholarship program offers scholarships, worth up to $5,000 each, to eligible students wishing to continue their post-secondary education. The scholarships can be used at trade schools, community colleges, or four-year universities. The scholarships are awarded to students to help alleviate some of the financial burden college tuition creates for many students, so they can focus on furthering their education, not bills.
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a 2022 Community Action Board Scholarship:
2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior)
- The candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County
- The applicant's household income must fall within 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
- Students seeking a master's degree, or a second bachelor's degree do not qualify
Things to Consider
- Application Available -week of Jan. 10, 2022
- Application Deadline -Friday, March 18, 2022 at 5 PM
Applicants are highly recommend to read through the full 2022 Community Action Board Scholarship Application Package before applying online to ensure all documents and requirements are met. A full list of required documents needed to apply can be found in the application package.
- Apply online once all information and documents have been collected.
- Questions about online application or missing information? Call (813) 272-5074 ext. 55316