Apply for a College Scholarship
Hillsborough County's Community Action Board Scholarship program offers scholarships, worth up to $5,000 each, to eligible students wishing to continue their post-secondary education. The scholarships can be used at trade schools, community colleges, or four-year universities. The scholarships are awarded to students to help alleviate some of the financial burden college tuition creates for many students, so they can focus on furthering their education, not bills.
Applications will be available the second week of January 2020.
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior)
- The candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County
- The applicant's household income must fall within 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)
- Students seeking a master's degree do not qualify
Things to Consider
- Application Available - Monday, January 6
- Application Deadline - Friday, March 13
- Finalist Interviews - May 2020
- Scholarship Award Ceremony - June 2020