Hillsborough County's child care licensing will transition to the Department of Children and Families (DCF) effective July 1, 2023.
The Hillsborough County Children's Services team is committed to offering support to child care providers as it works through the transition. As part of the transition planning, DCF is hosting three hybrid Town Hall meetings, where attendees have the option to attend virtually or in-person, to share information and answer questions. Preregistration is required as attendance is limited.
- Saturday, Dec. 3 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 7 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (conducted in Spanish)
In-person meeting location:
Early Learning Coalition of Hillsborough County
6302 E. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 100
Tampa, FL 33619
What we do
We regulate the operations of child care centers and family child care homes in Hillsborough County. We conduct periodic inspections, investigate complaints filed against these facilities, and take enforcement action as deemed necessary. Information packets and classes on starting child care facilities and family day care homes are provided to local residents.
Frequently requested services
- Child care licensing forms
- Child care Background Screenings
- Apply for a Family Child Care Home License
- Apply for a Child Care Center License
- Report a Concern about Child Care
- Find a Child Care Licensing Consultation Class
- Child Care Programs & Inspection Guide
- COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Child Care Programs
Address: 3152 Clay Mangum Ln.
Tampa, FL 33618
Manager: Lisa P. Bragano
Phone: (813) 264-3925 ext. 53577