Need to request a consultation for Consumer Protection or Veterans Services? Use our online appointment system.
What we do
Consumer Protection Services investigates consumer complaints with the goal of returning money, goods, or services to the citizens and visitors of Hillsborough County. In addition, consumer outreach and education programs aimed at preventing victimization are conducted in the community, and information is regularly provided about unfair or deceptive business practices in common areas such as home improvement contracting, landlord/tenant agreements, telemarketing, and many other scams.
Services we offer
- Find Consumer Protection Offices
- Wage recovery
- Consumer protection education programs
- Landlord and Tenant Rights and Responsibilities
Veterans ServicesHillsborough County’s Veterans Services assists Veterans, their dependents, and survivors in accessing federal, state, and local benefits. Staff also supports and manages Veterans activities in the County, including events at Veterans Memorial Park and Museum. The department acts as a single point of contact for military members and their families seeking assistance with outside agencies, and there is never a fee to receive services or visit with any of our qualified Veterans Service Officers. Staff also provides outreach and support to Veterans in assisted-living facilities and nursing homes.
Services we offer
- Find Veterans Services office locations
- Search military records
- Veterans compensation or pension assistance
- Volunteer at the Veterans Museum
American Flag Retirement
Residents wishing to properly dispose of worn American flags may drop off items for retirement during regular business hours, 8 AM to 4:30 PM Monday - Friday, at the following locations:
- Veteran Resource Center on the grounds of Veterans Memorial Park, 3602 U.S. 301 N., building #3610 in Tampa
- On the first floor lobby of County Center, 600 E. Kennedy Blvd. in downtown Tampa