What we do
Economic Development works to improve Hillsborough County’s business climate and make the county more attractive for job and wealth creation. The department focuses on a wide array of economic drivers, including offering employers a well-trained workforce, attracting high-wage jobs, and diversifying the county’s economic base while helping traditional industries like convention, tourism and sports.
The Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) division was created in line with the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners' objective to connect minority and small businesses with opportunities for greater economic equity.
- The MBE program is open to eligible businesses throughout Florida that have a maximum net worth of $5 million for firms in the construction industry and $4 million for other industries.
- The SBE program is open to eligible businesses located in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, and Hernando counties with no more than 50 permanent, full-time employees and with maximum gross annual sales of $8 million for construction industry firms and $5 million for other industries.
Frequently requested services and information
- Business Development Information
- Business relocation and expansion support
- Business Resources and Training
- Competitive sites information
- Economic Development Innovation Initiative (EDI2)
- Economic reports
- Entrepreneur Collaborative Center
- Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County
- Historic Preservation Challenge Grant
- Manufacturing Alliance of Hillsborough County
- Minority or woman owned business information
- Reports provided per 125.045 F.S.
- Targeted Redevelopment Program
- Tourist Development information
Address: County Center, 20th Floor
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Department Director: Jaksa Petrovic
Phone: (813) 273-3719