What we do
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue fights fires and provides emergency medical services for the unincorporated areas of the county. The department answers more than 104,000 calls for service each year, and also conducts fire prevention inspections, fire investigations, and fire safety programs. Fire Rescue maintains 43 fire and one rescue station, and equips more than a thousand career firefighters, paramedics, and staff, in addition to approximately 100 Reserve Responders.
Fire Rescue plays an important part in public safety. Learn more about all of the services we offer to help keep residents, businesses and visitors in Hillsborough County safe.
Frequently requested services
- Apply for a Fireworks Display Permit
- Apply for a Fire Alarm or Specialized Fire Protection Systems Permit
- Apply for Fire Sprinkler or Underground Fire Line Permit
- Apply for an Open Fire Permit
- Apply for a Tent/Sparkler Permit
- Apply for a Tent Permit
- Request a Fire Marshal Inspection
Address: 9450 E. Columbus Dr.
Tampa, FL 33619
Fire Chief: Dennis Jones
Phone: (813) 272-6600