What we doThe Public Works team provides safe and efficient transportation in the county by maintaining roads, bridges, traffic signals, and street signs. The team also maintains functional stormwater systems that protect the public and provides mosquito management.
Public Works services are provided through two departments: Capital Programs and Engineering & Operations.
- Provides planning, design, and construction of capital improvement program projects for transportation, stormwater, and facilities (parks, libraries, fire stations).
- Provides inspections of developer construction including:
- Subdivision infrastructure and land alteration
- Private and public utilities in County Right-of-Way
- Public contributed assets in County Right-of-Way
- Commercial property improvements (non-building construction assets)
Engineering & Operations
- Provides maintenance, management and engineering for transportation and stormwater infrastructure, including:
- Roadway maintenance (pot hole patching, tree trimming, ditch maintenance)
- Pavement, bridge, and sidewalk programs
- Stormwater flooding investigations
- Traffic signs, traffic signals, and roadway lighting
- Floodplain Management
- Mosquito management
Frequently requested services and information
- Report flooding
- Report possible sinkhole or depression
- Report potholes
- Report roadway blockages
- Report sidewalk roadway damage
- Report street light outages
- Report traffic concerns
- Report traffic signal outages
- Report missing or damaged traffic signs
- Request drainage ditch maintenance
- Request median maintenance or tree trimming
- Request a Residential Street Light
- Street names and addresses
- Apply for a Memorial Marker
- Flood information
- Community Rating System
- Apply for a TTC Permit
Address: County Center, 22nd floor
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.,
Tampa, FL 33602
Department Director, Capital Programs: James E. Hudock, P.E.
Department Director, Engineering & Operations: Josh Bellotti, P.E.
Phone: (813) 635-5400