Hillsborough County residents can foster a dog or cat for as little as one or two weeks – just log enough to welcome a foster pet in to help ring in the holidays. This type of short-term fostering is a great way for our ready-to-go pets to get a much-needed break from life in the shelter and potentially find their forever home while out and about.
How to Foster Express
1. Visit our online kennel at HCFLGov.net/Adopt and find a dog or cat you would like to foster
2. Once you find a foster friend you'd like to take out for a short trip, submit a request at HCFLGov.net/AtYourService.
3. PRC staff will sign you up for the program and provide you with everything you need to take care of your foster pet.
4. Have fun! Make sure to take glamor shots and document your adventure with your new foster friend. The more pictures and information we have on the pet, the better we can be at matching them with a potential new home.
5. Return your foster back to PRC, or if you fell in love, adopt them yourself!
Follow us on Facebook and #PRCPets to get the latest updates on these fosters on their adventures. If you end up being a #FosterFail, share your success story with us. We may just tell the world.
Interested in long-term fostering?
Long-term fostering is available as well if you may be available to keep your foster pet for a month or more. Visit the Foster a Pet page if you’re interested in becoming a long-term foster.