Hillsborough County has an Economic Recovery financial assistance program to assist local small businesses economically damaged by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Business owners can apply for one of three programs:
- Kickstart Small Business - up to $10,000 in working capital; for businesses with up to $3 million in annual revenue
- Back to Work - up to $2,000 per employee in payroll incentives to hire or rehire workers; for businesses with up to $20 million in annual revenue
- Safe at Work Matching – up to $10,000 matching reimbursement for the cost of qualifying workplace improvements directly related to mitigating the spread of COVID-19; for businesses with up to $20 million in annual revenue
Businesses may only receive one Economic Recovery financial assistance program, even if they may otherwise
qualify for more than one program.
- R3 Economic Recovery Programs flyer | Folleto de programas de recuperación económica R3
- Which Program is Right for My Business?
- 5 Steps to Submit Your Best R3 Business Assistance Application and Get a Check Faster
Financial Assistance Programs Details, FAQs, and Support
Use the link below to start an application and view complete program details, including required documents and frequently asked questions.
Hillsborough County Economic Recovery Financial Assistance Support Line at (888) 393-7509 (weekdays, 8 AM to 6 PM)
The County used three phased application periods in order to give a head start to the smallest, most economically vulnerable businesses in the community. After helping small businesses in economically disadvantaged areas during Phase 1 and small businesses countywide during Phase 2, Hillsborough County's Rapid Response Recovery Program (R3) program entered Phase 3 on July 27. Subscribe to the ECC Newsletter to get notice of additional small business recovery resources.
Full Access Application Period – Open through Dec. 1, 2020 or until funding exhausted
Kickstart Small Business
($7,500 or $10,000)
Back to Work
(up to $2,000 per hired employee)
Safe at Work
(up to $10,000 match)
|Annual Business Revenue in 2019||Under $3 million
||Under $20 million||Under $20 million|
COVID-19 Impact to Business
||Forced to close, deemed non-essential, and/or economically injured
||All Hillsborough County cities and unincorporated areas|
|Planned Funding||Up to $60 million||Up to $26 million||up to $20 million
Virtual Information Sessions
View a recording of the one hour online information sessions or a PDF presentation about the financial assistance programs in English or Spanish:
- R3 Economic Recovery Programs Information Session Recording | R3 Programas de recuperación económica Sesión de información Grabación
- R3 Economic Recovery Programs Presentation | Presentación de los Programas de Recuperación Económica R3
Which financial assistance program is right for your business?
Businesses may only receive one Economic Recovery financial assistance program, even if they may otherwise qualify for more than one program. Professional business consultants are available at no cost to assist small businesses in deciding which financial assistance program is right for their individual business needs. Contact Entrepreneur Services or call (813) 204-9267 to request a virtual or phone appointment.
Funding Source for financial assistance
The financial assistance programs were created by the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners to direct Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds as part of Hillsborough County’s Rapid Response Recovery Program (R3) , a comprehensive initiative to provide immediate relief, long-term community health and stability, and a full and robust economic recovery.