The 2023-2024 Hiking Spree begins November 1, 2023 and runs through March 31, 2024! This year's Hiking Spree features new trails, new merchandise, and limited-edition rewards.
New to Hiking Spree? Find out about the variety of trails that are in Hiking Spree, trail makers, and hiking recommendations.
How it Works
Participants may hike on their own, with a group, or through one of our guided park staff hikes. Some sites have entrance and parking fees. Hikers requiring accessible trails may repeat any trail twice for credit, as long as the hikes occur on different dates.
- Register for the Hiking Spree - Registration is free - you must be registered to receive your prize at the end
- Download the 2023-2024 Hiking Spree printable trail list and keep track of which trails you hike
- Complete a minimum of eight designated trails between Nov. 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024.
- When you're done, complete the online hiking completion form. Bring your confirmation email and you will be able to pick up your official Hiking Spree medallion, patch, or dog bandana at one of the following locations:
- Bell Creek Nature Preserve
- Carrollwood Village Park
- Conservation Parks Admin Office
- Edward Medard Conservation Park
- Gardenville Recreation Center
- Jackson Springs Community Center
- Lettuce Lake
- Lithia Springs Conservation Park
- Miller Park & Life Center
- Ruskin Recreation Center
- Hikers who need accessible accommodations for reward redemption should contact HikingSpree@HCFLGov.net
Guided Hikes and Programs
Guided hikes and programs will be added throughout the Hiking Spree season. Joining a guided hike is a great way to learn more about a park or preserve and discover a new your own path. Guided hikes vary in length and difficulty, and some programs require a small fee. Program registration will open approximately 30 days in advance. Spots are limited, so register early!