Get up, get out, and discover Hillsborough County's wild side during the Hiking Spree! Take a solo trip into the tranquility of nature, or hike with friends and make it a healthy and fun group activity. Each trail is a unique way to explore outdoor Florida and earn your very own prize.
Dedicated Hiking Spree Trails
Nature Preserves - No facilities, subject to daily conditions Alafia River Corridor Nature Preserve - North Alafia River Corridor Nature Preserve - South Alderman's Ford Nature Preserve Brooker Creek Headwaters Nature Preserve Lower Green Swamp Nature Preserve Camp Bayou Nature Preserve Wolf Branch Nature Preserve
Neighborhood Parks and Recreation Centers - Short, paved-trails with water and facilities All People's Life Center Branchton Neighborhood Park Carrollwood Village Neighborhood Park Dover District Neighborhood Park Jackson Springs Neighborhood Park Ruskin / Baudette Neighborhood Park Stephen J. Wortham Park
Due to constantly changing weather conditions, trails may have partial closures or extremely muddy conditions that may not be posted on the website. For the most up-to-date trail conditions, please call the park, look for signage at the park, or text "Park name update" (Example: Brooker Creek update) to (813) 853-1177.Park & Trail Closures
Learn About Trail Magic
How it works
The Hiking Spree
Participants may hike on their own, with a group, or through one of our guided park staff hikes. Some sites have entrance and parking fees. Hikers may repeat any trail twice for credit, as long as the hikes occur on different dates.
- Register for the Hiking Spree - (Remember the Hiking Spree does not officially begin until November 1. So please wait to begin hiking your trails until then.)
- Download the Hiking Spree 2020 brochure and trail list.
- Complete a minimum of eight designated trails between Nov. 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020. Keep track of your hikes on the Hiking Spree brochure.
- When you're done, complete the online hiking form and pick up your official Hiking Spree patch or medallion at one of the locations below. Or bring the completed brochure to one of the following locations at the listed times to claim your reward:
- All Peoples Life Center, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Gardenville Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Jackson Springs Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturdya, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Roy Haynes Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Ruskin Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Westchase Recreation Center, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.