What we do
Economic Development works to improve Hillsborough County’s business climate and make the county more attractive for job and wealth creation. The department focuses on a wide array of economic drivers, including offering employers a well-trained workforce, attracting high-wage jobs, and diversifying the county’s economic base while helping traditional industries like convention, tourism and sports.
Frequently requested services and information
- Business Development Information
- Business relocation and expansion support
- Business Resources and Training
- Competitive sites information
- Economic Development Innovation Initiative (EDI2)
- Economic reports
- Entrepreneur Collaborative Center
- Entrepreneurial Services
- Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County
- Historic Preservation Challenge Grant
- Manufacturing Alliance of Hillsborough County
- Minority or woman owned business information
- Reports provided per 125.045 F.S.
- Targeted Redevelopment Program
- Tourist Development information
Address: County Center, 20th Floor
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
Department Director: Jaksa Petrovic
Phone: (813) 273-3719